If you are processing credit cards outside of the GrowthZone software, best practice is to use Trade & External Payment Types. These are payment types that you can define for your organization. See Setup Trade & External Payment Types for instructions on setup.
If you have setup an external payment type, use the following procedure:
- For the desired contact click the Billing tab.
- For the desired invoice, click the icon in the Actions column.
- Click Enter External Payment
- Select the External Payment type from the drop-down list. Types displayed will be those that you have configured under Setup Trade & External Payment Type.
- (Optional) Select a Deposit Account. If none is selected the default set when you configured the external payment type will be used
- If necessary, choose the invoice(s) that you wish to pay
- Click Done
NOTE: If you do not wish to setup external payment types, we recommend that you process this type of payment as a check and enter the last 4 digits of the credit card as the check number.