Mar 17, 2021
- National dues can only be sent once a year (associations are not supposed to allow them to be paid monthly and NRDS will not accept monthly reported National dues payments), on the date they are paid. Other dues, such as state and local, can be sent monthly, quarterly, or yearly, on the date they are paid.
- GrowthZone will track if dues are paid late, and report to NRDS accordingly.
- You cannot change or delete an existing Financial record. Similar to an accounting general ledger entry, once it is posted you cannot delete it. You can only add an adjusting entry.
- The key for a Financial records, in NRDS, is the Member ID, Incurring Member ID, Payment Type, Billing Year, Dues Paid Date, Amount and Sign (ie. you can have two records with same member ID, Payment Type, Billing Year, Dues Paid Date and Amount as long as one Amount is ‘positive’ (45.00) and one is ‘negative’ (-45.00). NRDS will check for duplicates by looking at a combination of these fields.
- Adjusting Entry: to add an adjusting entry you would add a financial record with the same Member ID, Incurring Member ID, Payment Type and Billing Year as the original entry. In the Payment Amount field you would have a – (minus sign) in front of the amount you are adjusting. The Dues Paid Date can be different than or the same as the original Dues Paid Date.
- NRDS will not accept a Financial record for an inactive member. The member’s status must be A, P or S in NRDS. NRDS will also check that the Office ID is an active office in NRDS and that the member is a member of the association in the Primary Association ID field.