Mar 20, 2023
Single invoices may be created directly on a contact or individual's Billing tab, or from the Billing module.
|NOTE: It should be very rare that you would need to manually create an invoice within GrowthZone, there should be an action taken (adding a membership, registering an attendee) which will trigger an invoice to be created for you.|
- On a Contact's Billing tab, click the down arrow adjacent to Enter Check/Payment.
- Click Add Invoice.
- Configure the following as needed:
- The Invoice Number will default to Auto Assigned, however clicking the Auto Assigned link will allow you to enter your own invoice number. Best practice is to allow the system to auto-assign, however, if you choose to enter an invoice number, the system will trigger an error if you have entered a duplicate number.
- The Invoice Date will default to the current date. You may change this by entering a new date, or clicking the calendar icon and selecting a date.
- The Term will default to the terms you defined in the Finance General Settings. You may select different terms from the drop-down list, or select Select a Term from the list and click the to add a new term.
- The Due Date will automatically be populated with a date derived from the Terms you have selected. For Example: If you have selected Due on Receipt the due date will be the current date. You may over-ride this date by entering a date, or clicking the calendar icon to choose a date.
- PO # - If you have been provided with a PO # you may entered it here. NOTE: If provided with a PO # after an invoice is sent, you may add this by editing the invoice.
- The Purchase Date will default to the current date. You may change this by entering a date, or clicking the calendar and selecting a date.
- Customer will be automatically populated.
- Contact: Select a contact from the drop-down list. If no contact is selected, the contact chosen as the billing contact will be included on the invoice.
- Address: Select an address from the drop-down list. This is optional, however, if you wish to print and mail this invoice, the address is required. Addresses in the drop-down will be those associated to the organization. If no address is available in the drop-down, or if you wish to add an additional address, click Select an Address in the drop-down, and click the to open the Address dialog box.
- Email: Select an email from the drop-down list. This is optional, however, if you wish to email this invoice, email is required. Emails in the drop-down will be those associated to the organization. If no email is available in the drop-down, or if you wish to add an additional address, click Select an Email in the drop-down, and click the to open the Email Address dialog box.
- Message: Enter a message that you would like to appear on the invoice. This is optional. If entered, it will display under the address on the invoice.
- Internal Memo: Enter a memo that will viewed in the back office only (optional).
- Choose how you would like to deliver this invoice. By making this selection, the invoice will be added to your list of Pending Delivery in the Billing module. Mark to Print, Mark to Email. You may select both options.
- Select a Fee Item from the drop-down list. The list will be populated with all Fee Item that have been configured in your system. You may add additional items by clicking the icon. NOTE: If you select a membership dues Fee Item you must select the Membership Type to which the fee is to be tied.
- Description: The description will be populated with the default description associated to the item, you may over-ride.
- Price: The price will be populated with the default price associated to the item. You can over-ride.
- Quantity: Enter the quantity of this item you wish to include on the invoice.
- Hide: If adding multiple Fee Item (Goods/Service)to this invoice, and you wish to roll all items into the first item, click the Hide check-box.
- If the item has been configured as taxable, the Tax field will automatically be populated.
- Disc: (Optional) If you wish to add a discount to this item, click the Disc hyper link.
- Select an option from the Discount drop-down, or click the to add a new discount. The details of the discount (description, expiration date, discount amount, discount percent) will automatically be populated. You can make changes as needed. The Total Discount field will be updated based on your settings. Click Done when discount setup is completed.
- Mark to Print and/or Mark to Email: If you wish to mark this invoice for future printing or emailing, select desired option. This will place the invoice on the Pending Delivery list in the Billing Module.
- Advanced Options: By default, the system will use the default payment gateway and invoice template configured in your general finance settings. If you wish to over-ride the defaults, click the Advanced Options check-box, and select desired gateway and template.
- Click Done. The invoice is now created.