You can configure: your registration open/end dates, maximum attendees, visibility, and so on under the Overall Registration Options.
- Select the desired Event.
- Click the Attendee Setup tab.
- Click the icon adjacent to Overall Registration Options.
- Configure the following settings:
- Registration Start Date - This is the date that you wish registration to start; until this date, the Register button will not be displayed on your website.
- Registration End Date - This is the date that you wish to close registration. After this date, the Register button will no longer display on your website, and a message indicating that registration is closed will be displayed.
- Max Attendees - This setting allows you to define the maximum number of people who may register for the event. Once the maximum has been reached, the Register button will no longer display on your web-site, and a message will be displayed, (unless you select Allow Waiting List in Options below. If this field is left blank, there is no limit to your attendance.
- External Registration Link - If you are including an event on your calendar, but registration for this is not managed through GrowthZone, enter the URL for the registration site here. Note: if using an external registration link, no registration information will be collected in GrowthZone! The Register button on the event page will direct registrants to the third party site linked. IMPORTANT! Do not enter the link generated by GrowthZone for the event in this text box. Doing so will prevent people from registering for the event.
- Auto Refund Stop Date - enter a date here and the system will automatically create refunds for cancelled registrations up to the date specified. If someone cancels after that date, no refund will be generated unless a staff member does it manually. Leave this blank if you have a no-refund policy, or wish to manually perform refunds. NOTE: This setting only affects attendee invoices; it does NOT apply to Sponsors or Exhibitors.
- Enable Registration - Click this option to enable registration (assuming the user is in the time frame indicated above). If the event does not require registration and you want it on your calendar, (a Farmer's Market, for instance), you would not check this box. If this option is disabled, the register button will not be displayed on your event page, nor will the number of registered guests. NOTE: Staff members would be able to register people for the event from the back-office even if this box is not checked
- Allow Waiting List - Click this option to allow a waiting list. If this option is selected, when your maximum number of attendees has been reached, registrants will be notified that they can be added to a waiting list.
- Show Registered Attendees Publicly - Click this option if you wish to display the registered attendee list on your public web-site.
- Show Registered Attendees To Members - Click this option if you wish to display the registered attendees for the event in Info Hub.
- Collect Donations: If you are using the Fundraising module, this check box will allow you to also add a donation collection option to your registration form.NOTE: If this option is checked, an option will be added to the screen to select the Fundraiser Receipt Template.
- Allow Invoicing: Click this option if you want to give your registrants to option to be invoiced rather than pay online with a credit card. When this is selected, you will also have the option to select Include Invoice in Confirmation Email. This will make it easy for the attendee to pay the invoice immediately.
- Allow Purchasing of Multiple Registration Types: This setting is enabled by default to allow the most flexibility, letting the same person register for multiple registration types. Disable this option if you want to ensure that each item on the registration belongs each to a different person.
- When enabled, someone can use the same name/same email address for each registration type on a registration. This can be helpful if your event includes different registration items that one person might want to select for themselves.
When disabled, you have to use a unique name/email for each registration type selected.
Note: if you select multiple quantities of a single registration type, a new name/email will still be required for each additional name/email in that registration type regardless of the setting. To disable this ability, please use the Limit Per Purchase option on the registration type being used.
- Include Include Invoice Link in Confirmation Email: This option appears when Allow Invoicing is selected. This will include a link to the invoice within the confirmation email. IF CUSTOMIZING THE "REGISTERED EVENT ATTENDEE" EMAIL TEMPLATE: Your template MUST include certain links/code to ensure the registrant receives a link to their invoice when enabling this option. You can copy this code from the default "Registered Event Attendee" template.
- Member Validation - These settings allow you to set how you want your members to prove that they are members so they can receive member pricing. Select one of the following three options:
- Only if the member logs in: This is the most restrictive setting. If members come into an event through the INFO HUB or through a member email invitation, they will already be logged in. If a member comes to the registration page not already authenticated, they will only be able to see member pricing, by clicking "Know your member login? Login Now" and logging in.
- Email address is an exact match to an active member: With this setting, membership validation is based on email addresses. The first step in the event registration process has the user put in their name and email address. If the email address used is an exact match to an active member, it will recognize that and automatically show member pricing.
- Allow anyone to receive member pricing: This is the least restrictive option. By leaving it open, with an "on your honor" type approach, members will be able to get member pricing without having to log in and/or remember a password. That would mean that anyone would be able to use the member pricing during registration. In the event (no pun intended) that a non-member then signs up with member-only pricing, a staff member could watch for such instances and even use the opportunity to reach out to that individual with membership benefit information. This is also the option you would use if there is no different between member and non-member pricing.
- Session Changes Allowed Until - If you are using the Event Expo module and will be setting up Sessions, this option allows you to set a time limit on when registrants can make changes to the sessions they have signed up for.
- Click Done.