Dec 16, 2022
See it in Action: Setup a Certification and Add Components
- Click on the Certifications tab within the Continuing Education module.
- Click the Add Certifications button
- Configure the following:
- Credits Required/Hours Required: Enter the number of credits/hours that are needed to be certified. Best practice is to use either credits OR hours. The system does not compute one to create the other and will only use one.
- Credits To Maintain/Hours to Maintain: Enter the number of credits or hours that are needed to maintain the certification. Again, use either credits OR hours, not both.
- Enrollment Start Date/Enrollment End Date: Select the start and end dates of the enrollment period for this certification.
- Requires Approval Creates a checkbox in the Tracking area and requires a staff member to check the box before the member is allowed to proceed.
- Expires (in months after completion/activation): Enter the number of months after certification completion that the certification expires.
- Is Active: When checked the certification is available and will be available in the Info Hub for enrollment
- Fee Item: Select the Fee Item being used if charging for this Certification
- Short Description: Will default to the description of the fee item. Edit if necessary. Will be the line item on the invoice
- Member Price: Will default to the price set for the fee item. Edit if necessary.
- Allow Invoicing If checked allows member to sign up and be invoiced later. If not checked, member must pay with a credit card at the time of enrollment.
- Name: Provide a name for the certification. This name will be used publicly when you display certification opportunities in the Info Hub. Name of Certification. Required.
- Code: Optional field, may be used for codes associated to your certifications.
- Version: Enter the version of this certificate. This is useful if requirements for certifications change from year to year.
- Description: Enter a description of the certification. This is not required, but will be displayed publicly and may be helpful for your members.
- Certification Category: Select the category for this certification. This can be useful in sorting, finding and reporting certifications. See Continuing Education Initial Setup for information on setting up your categories.
- Certificate Template: If you will provide a certificate on completion, select the desired template from the drop-down list. See View/Modify Templates for information on setting up your certificates.
- Determine Certification completion via: Select the method by which certification completion will be identified. Choices are: All Components Completed; Hours/Credits; or Do Not Track Completion. If Hours/Credits is selected, configure the following:
- Hours Required/Credits Required: enter the required hours/credits for the certification completion.
- Hours to Maintain/Credits to Maintain: if this certification requires hours/credits to maintain validity, enter those minimums here.
- Require Admin Review: Select this option is admin review is required.
- Prerequisites: Optional - select certifications that must be completed before this certification can be started. Click the . Enter the name of the certification in the text box. Type ahead functionality will find the certification and populate any associated code or version information. Repeat this step to add additional pre-requisites.
- Objectives Objectives are actually assigned at the component level and are simply displayed here
- Terms/Conditions: Select the terms and conditions that apply to this certification from the drop-down list. This will provide a link to display any legal language related to the certification. To create new terms and conditions, click the icon.
- Click Done.