Each of your forum categories are sub-divided into multiple forums. Forums may only be added by staff from the back-office. NOTE: If you have changed the word Forum to a custom term, your term will be displayed in the back-office. The instructions below use the system terminology.
- Click Setup in the left-hand navigation panel.
- Click Manage Forum in the Forums section. A list of all currently configured forums will be displayed.
- Click the Add Forum button.
- Configure the following:
- Enter a Name for the Forum, this is the name that will be displayed in the Info Hub.
- Enter a Description of the Forum. The description will be displayed in the Info Hub, and should describe what the purpose of the forum is.
- Select a Category for the forum from the drop-down list. If needed click the + sign to add a new category. Categories provide a top level way of organizing your forum in the Info Hub. Note: Categories may also be created under Setup > Categories > Forum Categories.
- Enter the name of the Moderator(s) for the forum. Type ahead functionality will find the contacts in the database. You may have multiple moderators for a forum. Moderators may delete topics and comments added to their forum, however, they may not edit topics added to their forum.
- Limit Access: You can limit view of the forum to individual or multiple lists/committees. If no list or committee is selected, then all users will be able to see this forum. Type ahead functionality will populate lists/committees from your database.
- Click Done.
Role of the Moderator:
- Moderators can delete topics added to their forum, however, they cannot edit a topic added to their forum
- Moderators can delete Comments added to topics in their forum, if necessary.