If you have received checks from individual who wish to make a one time donation, and who have not filled in your donation form, you can easily add the donation information and the payment at the same time.
|IMPORTANT: This option is NOT used to pay for existing invoices, only to enter a donor and a check received when a donation has not already been setup. Additionally, when a donation/payment is entered in this manner, the thank you email is not sent.
- Click Fundraising in the Navigation Panel. The Fundraising module will display all of your fundraising campaigns.
- Click the hyper-link for the desired fundraiser.
- Click the and choose Enter Cash Donation.
- On the Enter Cash Donation screen enter the following:
- Name: Enter the name of the donor. NOTE: If the donor does not exist in your database as a contact, a new non-member contact will be created.
- Date: The current date will be displayed by default, and may be changed.
- Check Number: Enter the check number as a reference.
- Message: Enter the message the donor wishes displayed.
- Tribute Contact: Enter the person the donor is making this donation in tribute to.
- Recognition Name: The recognition name is the name of the person who will get recognized for the donation.
- Donation Pledge Items: Select the appropriate item from the drop-down list.
- Price: Enter the amount of the donation.
- Click Done.
After the donation and payment is entered, an invoice and payment will be displayed on the contact's Billing tab. A confirmation email is not automatically sent, so you may wish to do this manually.