Mistakes do happen; sometimes an existing agent is given a new NRDS number. After the number has been assigned, GrowthZone is unable to change it- this is per NRDS/M1 rules.
Here is how you can "fix" an agent's NRDS number if it is wrong.
To fix an incorrect NRDS number:
- Create a new GrowthZone record for the agent. NOTE: This new record really only needs the agent's first and last name; nothing else needs to be entered. (In a future step we will populate this record with data.)
Did You Know? When creating the new record, if you add a "1" at the end of the last name, it will avoid the system prompt to match with the previous record.
- Once the new record opens, navigate to the Real Estate tab and click the "Search NRDS/Add Member" button.
- Search NRDS for the agent and locate the correct NRDS record; enable the "Use Suggested" option and click Done. This will import the correct agent information into the new GrowthZone record.
- Go to the purple Actions button on the far right and select "Merge Contact".
- In the "Destination" field, type the name of the agent and select their previous/incorrect record.
- Review the "Fields to Merge" options. By default the Data Source will be set to "Use Destination"; change the selection to "Use Current Contact" as needed (i.e. for all NRDS-based info, or any other fields as determined by you).
IMPORTANT: Your list of fields may differ from the example. Please review these fields CAREFULLY to determine the appropriate Data Source for each one!
- Once the data sources have been reviewed and all fields verified as correct for the merge, click Done to save.
- To update the NRDS number at the top of the record, copy the correct NRDS number from the Real Estate tab and paste it into the field with the incorrect NRDS number. (This is a GrowthZone field and it will not update automatically with the merge of the two records.)
Best Practice: review this final merged record for data consistency; there may be some cleanup involved after the merge of the two records. Please review all data in the new record and verify with the agent which data should be marked as default or needs to be updated, and ensure that any/all syncs are set correctly.