Project templates can be created for projects that are repeatable, such as New Member Onboarding, Member Acquisition, Events, etc. You can then use these templates and customize them as needed when you create new projects. Creating a template is a two step process (1) Create the template (2) Add tasks to the template. Adding tasks to a template is optional, however, if your project will contain standard repeatable tasks, you can save time by entering them into the template.
- Click Setup in the Navigation Panel.
- Click Project Templates in the Projects section. A list of the Project Templates currently configured in your system will be displayed.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter a Name for the new template.
- Select a Project Type. You can select from the list, or you can click the icon to add a new project type. See Setup Project Types for further information.
- Enter a Description of the template.
- Click Done.
Add Tasks to Template
Adding tasks to a template is optional, however, if completing the project entails performing repeatable tasks, you can save time by entering them into the template. You will have the opportunity to add additional tasks when the template is used in a project.
- Click Setup in the Navigation Panel
- Click Project Templates in the Projects section. A list of the Project Templates currently configured in your system will be displayed
- In the list of project templates, click the template to which you wish to add tasks.
- Click the Add Task button
- Configure the following:
- Name: Enter a name for the task. The name of the task is visible within the project, so be descriptive
- Priority: Select a priority for the task. Priority indicates the level of importance of the task. Options include: Rainy Day, Low, Normal, Important and Urgent
- Template Milestone: Select a previously configured milestone, or click the to configure a new milestone. The milestones should represent a clear sequence of events that incrementally build up until your project is complete
- Task Type: Select a previously configured task type, or click the to configure a new task type. See Task Types for further information
- Assigned To: You may select a staff member from the drop-down list, or simply leave this field blank. When you use the template for a project, you will have the opportunity to select the staff member to which you wish to assign the task.
- Dependent On: If this task is dependent on the completion of another task, select that task from the drop-down list
- Start Date, Due Date, Completed Date: Leave these fields blank. When the template is used in a project, these dates will require configuration
- Start Days After Project Start, Due Days After Project Start: These are relative date fields and con be configured here to automatically set Start Date and Due Date fields depending on when the project is created or due (i.e. the task is due 3 days after the project start date). NOTE: for an automatically created project (Auto Create Project for New Memberships), the start date would be the join date
- Estimated Hours: Enter the number of hours you think it will take to complete this task
- Dependents Must Complete First: Select this check box if all of the tasks that have the selected task as a "dependent on" must be completed first. When working with the task, the staff member will not be able to mark this task as complete if the dependent tasks have not been marked completed
- Dependent Must Complete First: Select this check box if the task selected in the Dependent On dropdown must be completed first. When working with the task, the staff member will not be able to mark this task as complete if the dependent task has not been marked complete. * Only select one option for Dependent and Dependents. Selecting both options will not create dependent tasks.
- Task Items: Task items allow you to break down the task into smaller, more manageable sub-tasks. These are not required, you can simply setup the task as a top level task
- Click the icon to add sub-tasks
- Enter a Name in the text-box. The Is Complete and Completed Date should not be filled in. The will be completed when the template is used in a template.
- Click the to add additional sub-tasks
- Click the icon to add sub-tasks
- Click Done
- To add additional tasks to your template, click the button and complete steps 3 - 4 above
- Once all tasks have been added to your template, click Done