GrowthZone provides the ability to sync the financial record to NRDS. The Financial record is used by Primary Local POEs, Primary State associations, as well as Secondary local and state associations to store members’ dues payment records. Other POEs can view this information online in NRDS so it can be very helpful as members transfer their primary membership for the new association to quickly check online to see if the member has paid their dues.
Some states require that their local POEs update financial records in NRDS, many do not. NAR itself does not require this record nor is it used by NAR, however, you should check the bylaws for your state. The POE for the member's Primary local and state as well as any secondary associations can Add Financial records for the member. There is no Change for a financial record. The POE can only add an adjusting entry to preserve the integrity of financial records.
IMPORTANT: NRDS will NOT accept a Financial record for an inactive member. The member’s status must be A, P or S in NRDS. NRDS will also check that the Office ID is an active office in NRDS and that the member is a member of the association in the Primary Association ID field.
|NOTE: NAR eCommerce is not required for sending Financial Records to NRDS.|
Financial Record Business Rules
- National dues can only be sent once a year (associations are not supposed to allow them to be paid monthly and NRDS will not accept monthly reported National dues payments), on the date they are paid. Other dues, such as state and local, can be sent monthly, quarterly, or yearly, on the date they are paid.
- GrowthZone will track if dues are paid late, and report to NRDS accordingly.
- You cannot change or delete an existing Financial record. Similar to an accounting general ledger entry, once it is posted you cannot delete it. You can only add an adjusting entry.
- The key for a Financial records, in NRDS, is the Member ID, Incurring Member ID, Payment Type, Billing Year, Dues Paid Date, Amount and Sign (ie. you can have two records with same member ID, Payment Type, Billing Year, Dues Paid Date and Amount as long as one Amount is ‘positive’ (45.00) and one is ‘negative’ (-45.00). NRDS will check for duplicates by looking at a combination of these fields.
- Adjusting Entry: to add an adjusting entry you would add a financial record with the same Member ID, Incurring Member ID, Payment Type and Billing Year as the original entry. In the Payment Amount field you would have a – (minus sign) in front of the amount you are adjusting. The Dues Paid Date can be different than or the same as the original Dues Paid Date.
- NRDS will not accept a Financial record for an inactive member. The member’s status must be A, P or S in NRDS. NRDS will also check that the Office ID is an active office in NRDS and that the member is a member of the association in the Primary Association ID field.
NRDS Financial Record - Initial Setup
Initially, GrowthZone will enabled Enable Sync - One-Way to Financial, Then, in order for your software to identify financial records that need to be sent to NRDS, fee items must be "mapped" to Financial Record settings.
- Click Setup in the left-hand navigation panel.
- Click Real Estate Financial Settings in the Finance section.
- In the NRDS Financial Mapping section, click the icon.
- From the Fee Items list, select the Fee Item that should be mapped over to the appropriate NRDS Payment types.
- Enter the Payment Type. The following codes are required for the dues types displayed. For any other dues type collected you can define your own codes, but the dues paid below have these suggested types:
- NATL National Dues
- IMAG Image Awareness Assessment
- STAT State Dues
- LEGL Legal Fund
- RPAC RPAC contribution
- LOCL Local Dues
- Repeat the steps above to map additional fee items.
- Click Done.
NRDS Financial Record - Data Sent
The data listed below is the Financial Record data sent to NRDS. With the Financial Record Sync enabled, records will be sent to NRDS every 10 minutes with no interaction on your part.
|Member ID||Required. The 9-digit unique member NRDS ID.|
|Incurring Member ID||Required. The 9-digit unique member NRDS ID of the member incurring the dues/fees. Usually the same as the Member NRDS ID.|
|Office ID||Required. The unique 9-digit office NRDS ID of this member.|
|Payment Type||Required. The following codes are required for the dues types displayed. For any other dues type collected by an association, they can define their own codes, but the dues paid below have these suggested types:
NATL National Dues
|Billing Year||Required. The year in the format YYYY for the dues/fees paid. A Billing Year is sent with the records. If an association bills their members for the upcoming year’s dues in advance, the Billing Year that is sent, uses the Invoice Date or Activation Date, which ever is later, to determine the Billing Year|
|Payment Amount||Required. Amount of payment.
Note: If you are sending a 'reversing' entry to an existing payment record, the amount must have a minus sign (-) in front of it.
|Contribution Type||Used for PAC contributions only:
P PersonalC Corporate
|Dues Paid Date||Required. The date the dues/fees were paid, in the format MMDDYYYY.|
|Association ID||Required. The 4-digit association ID of the Billing Association.|
|Member Last Name||Member Last Name - auto filled by NRDS from ID|
|Member First Name||Member First Name - auto filled by NRDS from ID|
|Incur Mem Last Name||Incurring Member Last Name - auto filled by NRDS from ID|
|Incur Mem First Name||Incurring Member First Name - auto filled by NRDS from ID|
|Point of Entry||Point of Entry ID.|
|Source||The source of this transaction. Automatically populate with XT indicating an external source (GrowthZone)|
|Primary Association ID||The member’s Primary Association.|
|EC Control Number||Automatically filled in|
When records are published to NRDS, activity will be logged on a member's activity tab, and within the Event Log. See Review Event Log for further information.