Setting up taxes is a multistep process. If any of your goods/services are taxable, to setup your taxes you will need to configure:
Tax regions are the region for which you must collect taxes. For example, if you must collect state taxes, you could name the region after the state.
- Click Setup
- Click Taxes in the Finance section
- Click the Tax Regions tab
- Click the Add button
- Enter a Name for the new regions.
- Click the button to associate product categories that are taxable in this region.
- Repeat the step above to add additional product categories.
- Click Done.
The next step is to set up your tax rules.
|NOTE: When the product categories are added to the regions, these become the Tax Rules displayed on the Tax Rules tab.|