Mar 21, 2023
Setting up taxes is a multistep process. If any of your goods/services are taxable, to setup your taxes you will need to configure:
Tax sets allow you to combine several tax rates together. For Example: If you will have local, state, and county taxes, you can create a set to include each of these tax rates together so you can view the breakdown of the taxes by collecting agency.
|NOTE: Even if you are NOT combining several rates together, sets MUST be created to make the taxes available for selection when creating goods & services.|
- Create individual Tax Rates. Click Here for information on setting up individual tax rates.
- On the Tax Sets tab, click Add.
- Enter a name for the new tax set.
- Select the Tax Region from the drop down box.
- Click the to select the tax rate to be included in the set. Begin typing the name of a tax rate created previously on the Tax Rate tab.
- Repeat step 5 to add additional tax rates to the set. NOTE: If you are simply creating a tax set for an individual tax rate, you need only select the one associated tax rate.
- Click Done.