Mar 20, 2023
This option will register one person per fee item.
- On the event Attendee Setup tab, click the Actions button in the Registration Types section.
- Click Add Simple Paid Registration Type.
- Enter a Name for the Registration Type.
- Enter the Registrations Available (0 if unlimited). This option will limit the number of registrations available, and will not allow registration with this type when the limit has been met.
- Enter a Description for this registration type. Registrants will be able to view the description of the fee item by clicking on the fee item link on the registration page.
- Settings options - these settings allow you to define which users can register with this type of registration. This would also display the registration types on your public page.
- Select the Allow Members check-box if you want this registration type to be available to your members.
- Select the Allow Non-Members check-box if this registration type is also available to non-members. NOTE: If this option is selected for a registration fee, the registration fee will NOT be displayed for members. When selected, Is Displayed for Non-Members is automatically selected.
- Select the Is Displayed For Non-Members check-box if you wish to display this registration type to non-members, even if you have not chosen to allow this registration type for them.
- Select the Allow Staff Only check-box if you do not wish to display this registration type publicly. Only your staff users would have access to this option when registering someone from the back-office. NOTE: If this option is selected, selections for members and non-members are automatically de-selected.
- Select the Fee Item to assign to this registration fee from the drop-down list. Click here for information on configuring fee items.
- The Price will automatically be populated if it was populated when the fee item was configured. You may change the price if needed.
- If you are using QuickBooks classes, assign the appropriate type.
- If you wish to limit the purchase of this registration to a specific membership type, select the membership type(s) from the "Limit to Memberships" list.
- If the member can use a benefit item to purchase this registration, select the benefit item from the list.
- Click Done.
Member Pricing vs Non-Member Pricing: Addendum
GrowthZone validates membership on a per-registration basis, not on a per-attendee basis. This means that a member can log in and receive member pricing for anyone they choose to register, regardless if that attendee is a member or not. There is currently an improvement in development that will enable GrowthZone to limit a member to a single registration, but we are unable to accommodate development of true per-attendee validation at this time.
- On the event description, make sure to mention in the description that members are not allowed to register non-members at the member rate. It may be good to add examples: “Non-members, spouses, etc are not allowed to register at the member rate. Those that do will be notified and could result in a canceled registration.”
- You are able to add descriptions to each registration type, which may help give more information when they are deciding which registration types to add.
- Utilize the registration instructions and the event confirmation messaging to help with this message as well.