The advanced registration type allows you to bundle multiple items together for the registration fee, giving the opportunity to credit different accounts in your Chart of Accounts. For example, you may wish to bundle together the event registration fee along with additional items for event materials.
- On the event Attendee Setup tab, click the Actions button in the Registration Types section.
- Click Add Advanced Type.
- Enter a Name for the Registration Type.
- Enter the Registrations Available (0 if unlimited). This option will limit the number of advanced registration types available, and will not allow registration with this type when the limit has been met. NOTE: If the Max Attendees setting is being used as well, that setting will override this setting (if Max Attendees is set to 100, and this is set to 120, once the total number of registrations reaches 100, no more registrations will be available.)
- Enter Attendees Included. This option allows you to include more than one attendee for this registration type. For example, if this advanced type is to be used for a golf foursome, you would enter 4.
- Limit Per Purchase (0 if unlimited): Specify the number of registrations of this type available to purchase in a single registration. For example, if your members may only purchase a single ticket of this type for this event, enter "1" here.
- Enter a Description for this registration type. Registrants will be able to view the description of the fee item by clicking on the fee item link on the registration page.
- Settings options - these settings allow you to define which users can register with this type of registration. This would also display the registration types on your public page.
- Select the Allow Members check-box if you want this registration type to be available to your members.
- Select the Allow Non-Members check-box if this registration type is also available to non-members.
- Select the Is Displayed For Non-Members check-box if you wish to display this registration type to non-members, even if you have not chosen to allow this registration type for them.
- Select the Allow Staff Only check-box if you do not wish to display this registration type publicly. Only your staff users would have access to this option when registering someone from the back-office. NOTE: If this option is selected, selections for members and non-members are automatically de-selected.
- Select the Reserve All Attendees check-box to reserve all attendees. This setting is enabled by default and ensures that all attendees for this group reservation are reserved even when names are not entered. (The system with use Additional Attendee if no name is entered. The name of the actual attendee can be added by a staff member when it is known.)
- Click the to add the Fee Items associated to this registration type. You will select from all previously created Fee Items you have created. Click here for information on setting up Fee Items. The fee item details will complete based on the setup of the original fee item, but may be changed if needed. You may also choose to hide a fee item so that only one item is visible to the registrant on their invoice. Click the to add additional Fee Items to the registration type.
- If you wish to limit the purchase of this registration to a specific membership type, select the membership type(s) from the "Limit to Memberships" dropdown.
- Click Done.
GrowthZone validates membership on a per-registration basis, not on a per-attendee basis. This means that a member can log in and receive member pricing for anyone they choose to register, regardless if that attendee is a member or not. There is currently an improvement in development that will enable GrowthZone to limit a member to a single registration, but we are unable to accommodate development of true per-attendee validation at this time.
- On the event description, make sure to mention in the description that said members are not allowed to register non-members at the member rate. It may be good to add examples: “Non-members, spouses, etc are not allowed to register at the member rate. Those that do will be notified and could result in a canceled registration.”
- You are able to add descriptions to each registration type, which may help give more information when they are deciding which registration types to add.
- Utilize the registration instructions and the event confirmation messaging to help with this message as well.