Jun 16, 2021
|NOTE: Task components may include pre-requisites and objectives. If they are needed, best practice is to setup the pre-requisites and objectives prior to setting up tasks.|
- In the Certifications module, select the Components tab.
- Click the Actions button.
- Select Add Task.
- Enter a Name for the task.
- Enter a Code for the task (optional).
- Enter a Description of the task.
- Enter the Availability Opens date. This indicates when the task will open.
- Enter the Availability Closes date. This indicates when the task will close.
- Enable the Is Active check-box to make this task active. Best practice, when a task is no longer active, is to de-activate the task.
- Enable Requires Approval. Creates a checkbox in the Tracking area and requires a staff member to check the box before the member is allowed to proceed.
- Enter the Instructor. This is useful if you need to track who proctored the exam.
- Configure the Upon Completion options (optional) :
- Hours Earned.
- Credits Earned.
- Add any Objectives. Click the to add objectives. Add all objectives as needed.
- Add any Prerequisites needed prior to completing this task. Logic in the system will prevent the applicant from completing this task if the pre-requisite(s) has not been met. Click the to add all needed pre-requisites.
- Configure the fees for this task (optional):
- Select the Fee Item from the drop-down list. The Price set for this fee item will automatically be populated. This may be over-ridden as needed.
- Configure the Requirements for this task.
- Hours Required for Completion.
- Credits Required for Completion.
- Component of: To add this component to an existing continuing ed/certification program, click the and select the desired program. NOTE: in order for credits/hours to apply, components MUST be attached to a certification. If a default certification is specified in the Continuing Education general settings, this will auto-populate.
- Click Done to save the new task.