Mar 20, 2023
|NOTE: Task components may include pre-requisites and objectives. If they are needed, best practice is to setup the pre-requisites and objectives prior to setting up tasks.
- In the Certifications module, select the Components tab. Click the drop down arrow next to the Add Course button and select Add Task.
- In the Add Task window, configure the following:
- Enter a Name for the task.
- Enter a Code for the task (optional).
- Enter a Description of the task.
- Enter the Availability Opens date. This indicates when the task will open.
- Enter the Availability Closes date. This indicates when the task will close.
- Enter the Instructor. This is useful if you need to track who was the instructor for the task. NOTE: When adding a task component to an event, you will have the ability to update the instructor for the task.
- The Is Active check-box will be enabled by default. Best practice, when a task is no longer active, is to de-activate the task.
- If a staff member is required to approve the component enrollment, enable the Requires Approval option. This creates a checkbox in the Tracking area and requires a staff member to check the box before the member is allowed to proceed.
- Configure the Upon Completion options (optional) :
- Hours Earned.
- Credits Earned.
- Document Template: if using customized certificate templates for each component, be sure to select the appropriate template from the dropdown. See Setup Component Certificate Templates for more details.
- Add any Objectives (optional). Click the blue plus icon to add objectives. Add objectives as needed.
- Add any Prerequisites needed prior to completing this task (optional). Logic in the system will prevent the applicant from completing this task if the pre-requisite(s) has not been met. Click the blue plus icon to add all needed prerequisites.
- Configure the fees for this task (optional; only needed if charging a fee for the component aside from an event registration fee):
- Select the Fee Item from the drop-down list. The Price set for this fee item will automatically be populated. This may be over-ridden as needed.
- Component of: To add this task component to an existing continuing ed/certification program, click the blue plus icon and select the desired program. NOTE: in order for credits/hours to apply, components MUST be attached to a certification. If a default certification is specified in the Continuing Education general settings, this will auto-populate.
- Click Done to save the new task.