Brand consistency is the first thing to consider when designing your email and newsletter templates. The look and feel of your email should be consistent with your brand's personality, graphics, colors, fonts and images. You can create a template from scratch, and include all of the elements that should consistently be included in your newsletters, such as your logo, contact us button, and more. Then, when you are ready to send out a newsletter, you will simply need to update the template with the latest news.
Click Setup in the left-hand navigation panel.
- Click Email Templates in the Communications section.
- In the upper right, click the down arrow next to the Add Template button and select Add Email Designer Template.
- In the Add Email Designer Template window, complete the following options:
- Enter a Name for the template.
- Add a Description of the template. (Optional; only visible internally)
- Enter a Subject for the template. You will be able to over-ride the subject when sending the newsletter/email.
- If this template will usually be coming from a specific staff member, you can select their email in the From Email Address dropdown. Just like the Subject, you can override this setting when preparing to send the email.
- If you are the only person who will be using this template, clear the Make Available to All Users box. (This setting is enabled by default.)
- Use all of the Standard Tools and Custom Tools to design your template.
- When your design is complete, click Done to save it. This template will now be available for selection in the Templates dropdown on the Email Designer tab.
|IMPORTANT: These templates are only available when sending newsletters under Communications > Email Designer, and will NOT be available when sending emails via the standard editor.|