The Contacts Report provides you the flexibility to generate a list of your contacts based on a variety of different criteria, as well as custom filters.
- Click Reports in the Navigation Panel
- Use the Quick Filter or the Customize Filter to apply the Contacts category.
- Select the Contacts Report.
- (Optional) Select your search filtering criteria.
- Contact Type: are we looking for individuals or organizations or both? (If you want all records from the database, do not choose a Contact Type.)
- Contact Status: are we looking for a member, a non-member, a dropped member, etc?
- Membership Type: are we looking for a list of members with a specific membership type?
- Membership Category: if you have several membership types under a certain category, you can use this filter to report on them as a group rather than selecting them individually under the Membership Type filter.
- Assigned To: used if you want to look for staff members assigned to certain contacts.
- List/Committee: does the contact belong to a particular list/committee?
- Chapter: does the contact belong to a specific Chapter? (Chapters module required)
- Tags: does the contact contain a specific tag or tags?
- Last Communication Date: when was the last communication (email) sent to the contact? (NOTE: does not include bulk emails!)
- Directory: does the contact have a listing in a directory or directories?
- State/Province: does the contact have a specific state/province in their address?
- Primary Contact: will filter to only primary contacts. (NOTE: must include individual contacts in your results.)
- Active Contacts: will filter to all active contacts.
- (Optional) Enter any Additional Criteria/Filters as needed. Click the small plus on the left to add additional criteria/filters. In our example, let's look for contacts with a balance of $500 or greater.
- (Optional) Select Display Options. The report is set up with default fields to display; you may add or remove fields by clicking on the Fields to Display drop-down arrow and searching or scrolling for the field you want to include. To add a field to the display options, enable the checkbox to the left of the field name. For this example, since we're looking for contacts with a balance of $500 or more, let's add that field to our Fields to Display.
(Optional) Select Summarize By criteria. This optional field allows you to select how you wish report results grouped. For this example, we will group our results by Contact Balance, so contacts with certain balances will be grouped together. (Summarize options are listed alphabetically in the dropdown, but recently/commonly used selections will "stick" to the top of the list.)
Click Run Report.
When using the Business Categories or All Business Categories options, there are distinct differences in the report results:
When using the Membership options:
See the following for Common Report Functions: